White Tigers … beautiful … majestic … powerful.
Yet some people are calling them unnatural – “mutant freaks” – and claiming that breeding them is animal cruelty.
Oh no ! Could this be true ? Short answer – No, it is not true.
I have been on an odyssey through science and history to discover the truth about white tigers, and to find out why there is so much confusion and downright misinformation being spread about them.
It has been time-consuming, and sometimes frustrating – but ultimately rewarding. It’s time to share the knowledge gained so that more people can make an informed opinion about these beautiful and endangered big cats – before it is too late.
INDEX to Site
- TEN Common Myths About White Tigers – Debunked!
- Reply to Accusations
- The Snow White Tigers of Assam
- More Snow White Tigers in NE India c1800
- White Tiger Cub Mortality and Longevity
- White Tigers Today – Are They Inbred?
- White Tigers that Turn Black
- History of White Tigers in the Wild
- White Tiger Genetics: The Basics
- Recent Genetic Research
- How did White Tigers Survive in the Wild ?
- Golden Tabby and Snow White Tigers
- The White Tiger Dataset
- White Tigers Descended from 30 Founder Tigers